Monday, June 23, 2008

Positive Media Obligation

Hi,
A friend told me earlier today that they had been listening to New Zealand's National radio station yesterday. A pharmaceutical company executive was interviewed about vaccinations. He said that the average American child now receives 15 vaccinations by the age of five. He was suggesting that New Zealand should adopt legislation to encourage a similar number of jabs for youngsters here.

My wife and I have two homeschooling daughters, 15 and 17 years of age. They have never been vaccinated. They've also never had to visit a doctor or had so much as an ear ache.

I feel, in light of the one sided conversation we hear on mainstream media, that we have an obligation to do whatever we can to present a complete pictures of issues such as vaccinations. Now is the time to come out of the caves and the deserts and to stand up and shout. What about? About reverence for all life on this planet and beyond, about unity, about intelligent and informed choices including the way that we vote.

In New Zealand we have a system of voting in place called MMP. I don't know what the letters stand for, but I do know that it allows the little parties, like the Greens, to make a significant impact on governmental policy choices.

Let's get these concepts talked about in every kitchen and in every lounge. Lets inundate (gently) the airwaves with positive messages like the inevitability of world peace.

I'm a lucky man. I work for a radio station that censors nothing that I present. My guests can speak about the things that matter to them and my listeners hear that, and they love it.

By the way, I've had spinal meningitis twice in my life, both times not long after receiving vaccinations. The second time I lay in a coma in a hospital in Norway and I wasn't expected to live. I did and nobody will stop me now from doing whatever I can to make this world a better place for my children and my children's children. Like John Lennon said,



“You say I'm a dreamer.
But I'm not the only one.
I hope some day you'll join us.
And the world will live as one.”

Love to you all,
John

reply to thread print send permalink

No comments: